Thursday, February 12, 2009

Vegetable Hair Dye

The sole purpose of this blog is to share with all of you our/my experiences with trying to be green, trying to eat healthy, trying to keep a healthy and disease free body, trying to keep a healthy mind.

With that being said....I am a hair dying freak. I can not keep the same hair color for more than 6 months. My wonderful seestor can attest to this. With my disorder usually follows harish chemicals that burn your eyes and skin.

Well....behold the below photo.



I bought this product last week and it's been staring at me from my bathroom window sill. Taunting me. Telling me to not be scared...It's vegetable dye.

I mustered up the courage last night.

The pros:
1. No odor
2. No smell
3. No stinging eyes

The cons:
1. No color change
2. Insane itching
3. It cost $15.94

In closing, I won't purchase this product again.

4 comments:

Julia Garmon said...

Boo the poo dye.

Unfortunately, reading this post made me want to dye my hairs pink again.

Cheryl Cochran said...

I'm not sure where you got this, but when I was at Whole Foods the other day I spotted a number of organic (or mostly organic) hair dyes.

Anonymous said...

I got it at Mother Earth, which is a organic store here in Florida. Their selection of hair coloring products were very slim.

I wish we had a Whole Foods close. One of the issues with living in the back woods of North Central Florida, is that the most of your options are Walmart, Target or Walgreens.

Julia Garmon said...

Would you like a special Whole Foods delivery in a couple of weeks? (: