Monday, February 16, 2009

TOMS Shoes.

I've put myself on a sort of spending hiatus for a while. Mostly because I've been on an extremely tight budget for a few months now and will continue to be on one for several more months. This means I don't buy anything for myself that isn't absolutely necessary. However, that doesn't mean I don't accept gifts.

My birthday was a few weeks ago and one thing I had asked for was a pair of TOMS shoes. I had heard of these shoes a year or so earlier at church where they were encouraging people to buy pairs of the plain canvas sort and get together to decorate them as a group activity. Which may seem odd unless you knew the program behind TOMS shoes: for every pair that you purchase, another pair is sent to a child in need. TOMS shoes are also manufactured in fair labor conditions and pay fair wages.

I got my TOMS for my birthday and I absolutely love them. They're extremely comfortable, very much my style, and I'm happy to know that they helped someone in need.
(http://www.tomsshoes.com)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have officially added Black Swing Canvas Toms to my personal list of needful things.

Julia Garmon said...

This girl needs Toms Black Wrap Boots. (: